No matter what treatment you chose, you survived and consider you and your family lice free. What now? Most never want to go through this ordeal again. There is no way to be absolutely sure head lice do not come back around again. There are shampoos, conditioners and prevention sprays. The best defense is a good lice comb. Comb, Comb, Comb! Being proactive is the key.
Here are some tips:
- Pulling the hair back is an important step.
- Know the signs and symptoms of head lice, not everyone itches.
- Have a good lice comb and use it weekly, especially if you know your child has been exposed.
- Know how it is transmitted: Lice are transmitted mostly through head to head contact. Chances are a less to get them from sharing brushes, barrettes, and helmets.
- Be sure to inform everyone you have had contact with and may have passed it on to or picked it up from, if they do not get checked and treated you may get the little buggers right back from even the best of friends.