Head lice love summertime too. Head lice are a year round issue; however children are changing social circles and being exposed to new friends and contacts during the summer. Between sleep overs, summer camps, hanging out with friends, visiting family and summer traveling, prevention and awareness is key to avoid contracting head lice. Heartland Healthy Heads Lice Removal and Resource Center has some tips to help prevent head lice for parents, child care providers and camp counselors. Here are a few tips to avoid head lice:
- Keep hair tied back. Ponytails, braids and buns are great.
- Avoid head to head contact.
- Check for lice often, especially if you know it is going around.
- If you find lice get it treated quickly.
- Let close contacts know head lice is going around. Your close contacts being checked treated help reduce your chance of being reinfested.
Heartland Healthy Heads is a Head Lice Removal and Resource Center owned and operated by a Nurse Practitioner and healthcare professionals. As healthcare professionals, we strive to offer the most up to date treatment options and continually update our clients and community on the newest research and treatments. We are dual certified in two treatment options. We are certified in the Shepherd Method strand by strand technique (www.shepherdinstitute.com) and we are exclusive providers of the AirAlle’ FDA cleared heated air treatment device (www.airalle.com). Also we will not hesitate to assist anyone attempting to treat head lice at home. All our prevention products and home treatment products are non-toxic and pesticide free. For more information visit www.heartlandhealthyheads.com